It is clear that our mission focus features a number of things:
1. To continue to reach out across the world with our mission partners
2. To reach out to the many agencies in our city as salt and light for Christ (including the prison, the hospital, the law courts, shops, streets, the University of Winchester, and places of employment).
3. To reach out with the Gospel to the 28+ schools with which we are in touch.
4. To explore ways of developing social enterprise projects that will contribute towards community transformation and raise the dignity of people through Jesus.
5. As a "Resource Church" in the Diocese we have committed, over the next ten years, to train up curates for church planting across Hampshire. Our first identified "church planting" curate joins us in the summer with a view to him taking a team with him, from Christ Church, to start a fresh church plant in Andover.
These are exciting initiatives, but we have realised that going on with these projects without deep relationship with God, or with each other will be futile. That is why we have embarked on a vision that is threefold:
Going Deeper with God
Going Deeper with one another
Going Deeper with the world
Which is a powerful response to society's need for authentic, life enhancing spirituality, meaningful, welcoming community and a big story that makes sense of our existence and integrates with the big questions of life.